AFTER SALES SERVICE AND BRAND PREFERENCE OF AUTOMOBILE IN BENUE STATE OF NIGERIA

  • Dennis Ayaga Department of Business Management, Benue State University, Makurdi-Nigeria
  • Anthonia Uloko Department of Business Management, Benue State University, Makurdi-Nigeria
  • Akoso Korshima Department of Business Management, Benue State University, Makurdi-Nigeria

Abstract

The research ascertained the effect of after sales service on brand preference of automobile in Benue State of Nigeria. Due to the small population of the study, a census of all the sixty automobile dealers in Benue State and fifty of their customers were randomly selected for the study, bringing the total sampled to 110. Close ended questionnaire was the main instrument of data collection. Ordinary least square multiple regression analysis was used to analyse the data. The result indicated that the independent variables product delivery, installation and warranty were significantly joint predictors of the dependent variable brand preference with F(3.57) =123.32, R2 = 0.875; p0.5). The predictor variables jointly explained 87.5% of brand preference while the remaining 12.5% could be due to the influence of extraneous variables. It was recommended amongst others that management of automobile manufacturing firms and their dealers should encourage more after sales service outlets across Benue State of Nigeria with a view to cultivating a robust relationship with customers.
Published
2022-03-26
How to Cite
AYAGA, Dennis; ULOKO, Anthonia; KORSHIMA, Akoso. AFTER SALES SERVICE AND BRAND PREFERENCE OF AUTOMOBILE IN BENUE STATE OF NIGERIA. GOUNI Journal of Management and Social Sciences, [S.l.], v. 10, n. 1, p. 20-25, mar. 2022. ISSN 2550-7265. Available at: <http://journal.gouni.edu.ng/index.php/fmss/article/view/155>. Date accessed: 17 aug. 2022.
Section
Articles

Most read articles by the same author(s)

Obs.: This plugin requires at least one statistics/report plugin to be enabled. If your statistics plugins provide more than one metric then please also select a main metric on the admin's site settings page and/or on the journal manager's settings pages.